giovedì 15 ottobre 2009

Arriving in Soyo (north west of Angola)

Here i'm, finally, in Soyo (Zaire region)...the place where i'll work for 6 months.
The travel was crazy, being early in Luanda airport i missed the flight bcs here you don't have screan or something like this, and it is ok, you expect that..but also there is just a person that in front of the door, where the bus is waiting, calls:soyo soyo, like this.
So the flight went without me but with my baggage...good way to start my day.
Ok don't worry, i start to talk with the person in charge of the flight, that said me:"Yes Madam i saw that you were not ther but"...But what???Did you look for the missing persons?? No, iIdidn't lost my self control i was just near to start to cry..and maybe for that the man decided to help me and other 2 persons like me...and just dais ok you wait the next flight, make again the check in and came back and take the flight...i made again tha battle to arrive in the check in desk but before,of course, i had to pass the secutiry control in the opposite way, and to explain why a stupid white girl lost here easy-to-catch-flight for Soyo...ok,i did all that and also the security control to came in again.
After that i wait the flight 3 hours more, and 1 more again bcs it was in late...after that i went in this survival-internal-flight and i started to pray that the airscrews will not follow down...and they didn't, wow!!
After 1 hour we arrived,i know that the flight should make 2 destinations but mine was first in the direction to the North..but not!! They dropped us in CABINDA(angolan exclave in RDG)...wow..So "Now you go out and you take one fligth for soyo"...my god, we were so scared,looking at this organisation, we not coul imagine when the first flight could be ready.
We -me and other angolans and "europeans"- waited 30 minuts and after came a man...ok f"ligthfor Soyo"..and we start to be in line..."Just 12 persons"...and we started to fight as sheep to pass between the half door open and the man that was counting just 12 people...I was in side-good to be woman and white sometime- ready fort the 12-place-2airscrew-fly with 2-white-american-redhair-raybansunglasses-pilots that drive us to soyo...just in time for lunch.

I met there my fantastic project leader, Lina, and we recuperate my suitcase -wonderful it was perfect, in the same situation in italy i could have back just the backpack empty!!- and after we went to lunch in an chinese enterprise (Lina is chinese)that works in soyo with jkust chines-workers...a wonderful part of China in Angola..that is really amazing, i though, while i was eating original chinese food(chines food for chines persons) for the first time in my life.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento